Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Hello!
Please allow me to introduce myself. My name is Jon Whittaker, and I am the Republican candidate for Iron County Clerk. I grew up in Enoch and graduated from Cedar High School and Southern Utah University. My roots run deep in Iron County with many founding ancestors. I love living, working, recreating, and raising my family here!

I feel there are four compelling reasons to vote for me:
  • My Leadership
  • My Creativity and Innovation
  • My Experience in county government
  • My deep level of Caring and Concern for the citizens of Iron County.

As the Cadastral Mapping Supervisor in the Recorder’s Office, I have used my creativity and problem solving to greatly improve accessibility of recorded and filed maps. I initiated the process of scanning and cataloguing the plat maps; the process is continuing forward even today. I also streamlined and modernized many of our mapping processes. In whatever role or position I fulfill, I am innovative, creative, and responsible.

I began working as a Cadastral Mapper for Iron County in 2004. Today, as Cadastral Mapping Supervisor, I interact with and understand the inner-workings of each department in the courthouse. With over a decade of collaborating and fostering positive working relationships both inside and outside of the county sphere, I have the experience to represent Iron County in a very beneficial way as Iron County Clerk.

One of the hallmarks of my career has been my exceptional level of caring and service to the citizens and professionals whom I have occasion to assist. I am both proud of my record of service and am eager to continue in that same vein.

My integrity and life experience lend themselves very well to performing the duties of Iron County Clerk.  At the Iron County Republican convention, I defeated my current write-in opponent by 26%. Since that time, I have visited several other county clerks in Utah, gaining valuable insights and friendships

I am ready to serve, and am eager to get to know you and discuss any questions you might have. Please feel free to contact me any time.

Sincerely,



Jon "Toro" Whittaker
Candidate for Iron County Clerk
360 South 1000 West
Cedar City, UT  84720
Home: (435) 865-0763
Mobile: (435) 327-0977
E-mail: jontorowhittaker@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment